Most web sites have a page of links to other sites and we are no exception. Here is a listing of sites that we find interesting and hope that you do too.
(From the Families of SMA web site)
Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), the number one genetic killer of children under the age of two, is an often fatal disease that destroys the nerves controlling voluntary muscle movement, which affects crawling, walking, head and neck control, and even swallowing.
WHO IS AFFECTED
SMA is one of the most prevalent genetic disorders.
- One in every 6,000 babies is born with SMA.
- SMA can strike anyone of any age, race or gender.
- One in every 40 people carries the gene that causes SMA. The child of two carriers has a one in four chance of developing SMA.
- 7.5 million Americans are carriers.
Families of SMA funds and directs the leading SMA research programs to develop a treatment and cure for the disease. The successful results and progress that the organization has delivered, from basic research to drug discovery to clinical trials, provide real hope for families and patients impacted by the disease. The charity has invested over $50 million in research and been involved in funding half of all the ongoing novel drug programs for SMA.
Our vision is a world where Spinal Muscular Atrophy is treatable and curable.
- Artist Gretchen Lima creates cloth/mixed media sculptures or dolls combining wool, sculpey, handwoven or dyed fabrics, beads, baubbles and totems, in many different themes of empowered women of different ethenic origins, including Native American and European.
- Dangerous Bob Photography, Fine Art Photography featuring Limited Edition Quality Giclee Prints on Canvas.
- Link 4
Questions? Drop a note to Sue at: Sue@SueSedu.com